Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Repair after repair

Remember what I said about each fix being the last one? After the rebuild it took a mere 3,412 miles for the check engine light to come on. Turns out I needed new front and rear catalytic convertors and two new oxygen sensors. Apparently the gallons and gallons of oil I was burning was clogging the cats.

2,488 miles after that the AC belt decides to start squeaking, so I try to fix it myself. How hard caan replacing a belt be. Well eventually it needed to be cut off because ater I had adjusted the tensioner to what I thought was correct, unknown to me it it was starting to jump off the pulley. Eventually the belt gets cut off and it's off to the dealership to replace a tensioner with strpped threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Website Templates