Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Watch me make this trasmission fluid disappear

2,386 miles after the last repair I notice a rough shift into 2nd gear, so I checked the fluid and it seemed very low, so I added about 4 quarts. It still seemed low, but during a test drive around the block it was much quieter, so I thought it was fixed until the drive to work the next day. Very smokey. I had it towed to the dealership. They checked the ATF and saw that it was 2 quarts high. Which means that it was originally 2 quarts low before I added fluid. So in the two years between their replacement of the transmission and now 2 quarts have magically disappeared. So they drained the fluid to the appropriate level, but found no problems or leaks. They did notice however an oil leak, so it's back to the rebuild shop for repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Website Templates